LoanMart Late Model Series 2015
All eight races of the Series will be televised on MAVTV!
This is an eight races SERIES in 2015, the March Season Opener is a $5,000 to win race on March 14th, and the final race on October 10th pays
$10,000 to WIN!!! The dates for the 2015 season are 3-14, 4-25, 5-30, 6-20, 7-25, 8-29, 9-26 and 10-10.
$$ PAYOUTS WILL BE PAID SAME NIGHT BY TRACK $$$ No membership and easy rules to race by! LATE MODELS $100.00 at the track for car and
driver, 100% of the entry is returned to the purse. *The Entry Fee does not include the price of Transponder Rental ($25 per car, or you can use your
own if you have one) ALL PIT PASSES $40.00 for open late model teams.
"The concept for the LoanMart Open Late Model series grew from a series of Open Shows I promoted beginning back in 2006 with the last one being in
2011, and the rules evolved from those races. I learned we could have a very competitive series that is enjoyable for our drivers to compete in, while
at the same time only having roughly a dozen rules that are easy to understand and follow. The key is to insure it is a driver's class, and not a
horsepower class. With that said, for 2015 we have 13 rules, and looking back at my notes from the past my goal was a simple set of roughly a dozen
rules. Again, the intention of this class is to provide good competition with a variety of race cars, and the tire not being able to get all the power to the
ground is a key component to the long term success of this class. We are proud that we have built a series where talent can shine, and now that talent
will shine on MAVTV" Kenny Shepherd.
LoanMart Late Model Series Rules
1. Any chassis allowed / Body type is open. No nose splitters, wickers, or wings allowed on the car. There is a 48" maximum front overhang measured
from the axle measured to the forward most part of the car. There is a 55" maximum rear overhang measured from the rear axle to the rearward most
part of the race car body/bumper. The base of the spoiler (the point where the spoiler is attached to the quarter panels) may be NO farther back than
48" from the centerline of the rear axle. Note; If rear bumper rail is exposed, it may only extend a maximum of eight inches (8") beyond the frame. Any
exposed rear bumpers rails that extend eight inches (8") or more beyond the frame MUST be rounded and directed towards the front of the car eight
inches (8"). The bumper rail must be connected to the interior of the rear side panel
2. Any cast iron block wet sump engine allowed.
3. The engine set-back rule is 1.5" back (the center of the forward most spark plug) on the all non-602 crate engines. Maximum engine set-back for the
602 crate engine is 6" measured the same way.
4. 602 cars are to be 2850lbs total weight. All others are to be 3050lbs. 602 motors must remain OEM from factory and may not turn more than 6,000
5. Any single 4bbl carburetor allowed.
6. Tires are the Hoosier 8.0-15/970 treaded tire.
7. Wheels must be steel and not exceed 8" in width.
8. Competitors must start on the tires they qualified with.
9. Any steel shock, all parts must be steel (Aluminum rod end on the shaft end ok)
10. No traction control devices.
11. All competing cars will not exceed 79" inch track width, it will be measured from the bulge outside to outside of the front tires at the spindle height.
12. Rear Spoiler may be no wider than 70", and no taller than 7". There may be NO forward support of any kind, no boxed ends or runners. No Gurney
lip, or any type of wicker bill on the upper edge of the spoiler. The base of the spoiler (the point where the spoiler is attached to the quarter panels) may
be NO farther back than 48" from the centerline of the rear axle.
13. Tour Car Rule - New for 2015 we have a "Tour Car" rule, you may run a tour legal car in the LoanMart Open Late Model series. Track width must not
exceed 64.5", must use an all steel shock (aluminum rod end on shaft end ok, aluminum coil over kit ok). Left side weight not to exceed 58%, minimum
weight is 3,050 pounds prior to race and qualifying. Must use 8" steel wheel and the Hoosier 8.0-15/970 treaded tire.
All races will pay a guaranteed $1,000 to win. The March race will pay $5,000 to win, the June race will pay $5,000 to win and the
last race in October will pay $10,000 to win! There is $2,000 in bonus money up for grabs courtesy of LoanMart on October 18th championship night
for the series.
Bonus Bucks - All drivers that compete in four of the eight races in the series are eligible for the Bonus Bucks on the final race of the 2014 series.
The highest finishing eligible driver on championship night will receive $1,000 in LoanMart Bonus Cash, plus their payout for the race. So if that driver
wins the race they will receive $11,000, $1,000 in bonus bucks and $10,000 for the race win. The second highest finisher on championship night that
raced in at least four of the eight races will receive a $500 bonus in addition to their regular payout, and the third and fourth highest finishers will
receive $250 each in LoanMart Bonus Cash. Thanks to Hoosier racing tires there will also be a blind draw after each race, two lucky drivers will take
home some extra cash for just starting the main event.
The Hoosier blind draw happens in victory lane after each race, the first car number drawn will receive a $200 bonus, and the second car
number drawn will receive a $100 bonus. If that is not enough LoanMart has put up another $100 for each race in the series for the fastest qualifier.
LoanMart has a history of getting loans to their customers fast, and in that same tradition all the prize money and bonus bucks will be paid out to the
competitors the night of the event. The LoanMart Late Model Series is designed to be fan and racer friendly with one race per month during the season.
The dates are coming soon...
Race Procedures; (note, we use the Madera Speedway track rules except where noted differant on this page. Example, no membership needed for
these series for points)
1. The main event line-up will be set by a card draw , all in the top ten will draw for their starting spot.
2. Teams can work on their race cars all the way up until the green flag of the first 50 lap segment without penalty, or position loss.
3. Teams can work on their cars at the halfway break, they may change anything they want except tires, each car must remain on the tires the car
qualified on. A team may work on the car before the green flag of the second 50 without penalty, or loss of position.
4. If a car is worked on after the green flag has been thrown for either the first 50, or second 50 lap segment, then the car must re-enter the race at the
rear of the field.
5. Championship points are awarded for the main event with 50 points going to the race winner, 48 for second, 46 for third and so on... There is 5
bonus points for the winner of the first 50 lap segment of each race (if the first half is cut short the bonus points will be awarded to the leader at that
point). There is also points for qualifying, 4, 3, 2, 1, for the top four cars. The car the least amount of laps down (no more than 5) at the halfway break
will be awarded The LoanMart Lucky Driver Award and will be placed back on the lead lap.
6. All races are 100 laps, split 50's with a long break in between the two 50 lap events. Late Model Open Series: $1,000 to win no matter what the car
Safety will be firmly enforced, make sure your equipment is up to speed. Charged Fire System Mandatory. Head and Neck Restraint System mandatory.
Belts, window net, and Helmets must be SA 2005 or newer. All Drivers must wear SFI rated suit, gloves, and shoes. SFI undergarments are
All cars must run a transponder mounted 12" behind the rear axle.
Below is the regular purse, the $10,000 to win purse is different and can be found on the $10,000 to win page.
12 or more
18 or more
25 or more