LoanMart Late Model Series 2014
This is an eight races SERIES in 2014, with the final race on October 18th paying $10,000 to WIN!!! The race dates for this
series are 3-29, 4-26, 5-31, 6-28, 7-26, 8-30, 9-27, and 10-18!
$$ PAYOUTS WILL BE PAID SAME NIGHT BY TRACK $$$ No membership and easy rules to race by! LATE MODELS $100.00 at the track for car
and driver, 100% of the entry is returned to the purse.
*The Entry Fee does not include the price of Transponder Rental ($25 per car, or you can use your own if you have one)
ALL PIT PASSES $40.00 for open late model teams
"The concept for the LoanMart Open Late Model series grew from a series of Open Shows I promoted beginning back in 2006 with the last one
being in 2011, and the rules evolved from those races. I learned we could have a very competitive series that is enjoyable for our drivers to
compete in, while at the same time only having roughly a dozen rules that are easy to understand and follow. The key is to insure it is a driver's
class, and not a horsepower class. With that said, I have inserted our twelve rule (ironic, as I look back at my notes from 2011, I had written down
"no more than 12 rules"). Again, the intention of this class is to provide good competition with a variety of race cars, and the tire not being able to
get all the power to the ground is a key component to the long term success of this class" Kenny Shepherd.
Late Model Open Rules
1. Any chassis/body type allowed
2. Any cast iron block wet sump engine allowed.
3. The engine set-back rule is 1.5" back (the center of the forward most spark plug) on the all non-602 crate engines. Maximum engine set-back for
the 602 crate engine is 6" measured the same way.
4. 602 cars 2900lbs total weight. All others 3100 lbs. 602 motors must remain OEM from factory.
5. Any single 4bbl carburetor allowed.
6. Tires are the Hoosier 8.0-15/970 treaded tire.
7. Wheels must be steel and not exceed 8" in width.
8. Competitors must start on the tires they qualified with.
9. Any steel shock, all parts must be steel.
10. No traction control devices.
11. All competing cars will not exceed 79" inch track width, it will be measured from the bulge outside to outside of the front tires at the spindle
12. Rear Spoiler may be no wider than 70", and no taller than 7". There may be NO forward support of any kind, no boxed ends or runners. No
Gurney lip, or any type of wicker bill on the upper edge of the spoiler.
Each of the first seven races will pay a guaranteed $1,000 to win, the last race in October will pay $10,000 to win!
There is $2,000 in bonus money up for grabs courtesy of LoanMart on October 18th championship night for the series.
All drivers that compete in four of the eight races in the series are eligible for the Bonus Bucks on the final race of the 2014 series. The highest
finishing eligible driver on championship night will receive $1,000 in LoanMart Bonus Cash, plus their payout for the race. So if that driver wins
the race they will receive $11,000, $1,000 in bonus bucks and $10,000 for the race win.
The second highest finisher on championship night that raced in at least four of the eight races will receive a $500 bonus in addition to their
regular payout, and the third and fourth highest finishers will receive $250 each in LoanMart Bonus Cash.
Thanks to Hoosier racing tires there will also be a blind draw after each race, two lucky drivers will take home some extra cash for just
starting the main event. The Hoosier blind draw happens in victory lane after each race, the first car number drawn will receive a $200 bonus,
and the second car number drawn will receive a $100 bonus.
If that is not enough LoanMart has put up another $100 for each race in the series for the fastest qualifier.
LoanMart has a history of getting loans to their customers fast, and in that same tradition all the prize money and bonus bucks will be paid out to
the competitors the night of the event.
The LoanMart Late Model Series is designed to be fan and racer friendly with one race per month during the season. The dates are coming
Race Procedures; (note, we use the Madera Speedway track rules except where noted differant on this page. Example, no
membership needed for these series for points)
1. The main event line-up will be set by a card draw , all in the top ten will draw for their starting spot.
2. Teams can work on their race cars all the way up until the green flag of the first 50 lap segment without penalty, or position loss.
3. Teams can work on their cars at the halfway break, they may change anything they want except tires, each car must remain on the tires the car
qualified on. A team may work on the car before the green flag of the second 50 without penalty, or loss of position.
4. If a car is worked on after the green flag has been thrown for either the first 50, or second 50 lap segment, then the car must re-enter the race at
the rear of the field.
5. Championship points are awarded for the main event with 50 points going to the race winner, 48 for second, 46 for third and so on... There is 5
bonus points for the winner of the first 50 lap segment of each race (if the first half is cut short the bonus points will be awarded to the leader at
that point). There is also points for qualifying, 4, 3, 2, 1, for the top four cars. The car the least amount of laps down (no more than 5) at the halfway
break will be awarded The LoanMart Lucky Driver Award and will be placed back on the lead lap.
6. All races are 100 laps, split 50's with a long break in between the two 50 lap events.
Late Model Open Series:
$1,000 to win no matter what the car count!
12 or more
18 or more
25 or more