LoanMart Late Model Series 2016
All eight races of the Series will be televised on MAVTV!
This is an eight race TELEVISED SERIES in 2016, the March Season Opener is a $5,000 to win race on March 12th, and the final race of 2016
on October 8th pays $10,000 to WIN!!! The dates for the 2016 season are March 12th, April 30th, May 28th, June 18th,
July 30th, August 27th, September 24th, and the $10,000 to win show on October 8th.
$$ PAYOUTS WILL BE PAID SAME NIGHT BY TRACK $$$ There is a $100.00 entry fee due the day of the event at the track for car and driver, 100%
of the entry is returned to the purse. *The Entry Fee does not include the price of Transponder Rental ($25 per car, or you can use your own if you
"The concept for the LoanMart Open Late Model series grew from a series of Open Shows I promoted beginning back in 2006 with the last one being in
2011, and the rules evolved from those races. I learned we could have a very competitive series that is enjoyable for our drivers to compete in, while
at the same time only having roughly a dozen rules that are easy to understand and follow. The key is to insure it is a driver's class, and not a
horsepower class. With that said, for 2016 we have 13 rules, and looking back at my notes from the past my goal was a simple set of roughly a dozen
rules. Again, the intention of this class is to provide good competition with a variety of race cars, and the tire not being able to get all the power to the
ground is a key component to the long term success of this class. We are proud that we have built a series where talent can shine, and now that talent
will shine on MAVTV" Kenny Shepherd.
LoanMart Late Model Series Rules
1. Any late model type chassis allowed / Body type is open. No nose splitters, wickers, or wings allowed on the car. There is a 48" maximum front
overhang measured from the axle measured to the forward most part of the car, ABC nose piece firmly recommended (note, any car that does not run
an ABC style nose will be on a zero contact policy). There is a 55" maximum rear overhang measured from the rear axle to the rearward most part of
the race car body/bumper/spoiler (nothing may extend beyond 55"). Note; If rear bumper rail is exposed, it must be rounded where it meets the
quarter panels so that it has no square edges. The bumper must extend to the rear of the car even with the spoiler, or extend beyond the spoiler of the
car. Maximum rear quarter panel height is 36 ". Minimum wheel base is 101".
2. Any cast iron block wet sump engine allowed.
3. The engine set-back rule is 1.5" back (the center of the forward most spark plug to the center of the upper ball joint on the same side) on the all
non-602 crate engines. Maximum engine set-back for the 602 crate engine is 6" measured the same way.
4. 602 crate engine cars are to be a minimum of 2850lbs total weight and a maximum of 60% left side weight. All others are to be 3050lbs and a
maximum of 60% left side weight. 602 engines must remain OEM from factory and may not turn more than 6,000 RPM's.
5. Any single 4bbl carburetor allowed.
6. Tires are the Hoosier 8.0-15/970 treaded tire. Tires MUST be purchased from the track, and tires MAY NOT be cut, soaked or altered in any way.
Any team wishing to run used tires must submit the tires for inspection and scanning prior to qualifying, note these used tires must have been
purchased from Madera as well.
7. Wheels must be steel and not exceed 8" in width.
8. Competitors must start the race on the tires they qualified with.
9. Any steel shock, all parts must be steel (Aluminum rod end on the shaft end ok)
10. No traction control devices.
11. All competing cars will not exceed 79" inch track width, it will be measured from the bulge outside to outside of the front tires at the spindle height.
No independent rear suspension.
12. Rear Spoiler may be no wider than 60", and no taller than 6 1/2". There may be NO forward support of any kind, no boxed ends or runners. No
Gurney lip, or any type of wicker bill on the upper edge of the spoiler.
13. Tour Car Rule (Dry Sump Engine)- You may run a tour legal car with a dry sump engine in the LoanMart Open Late Model series. Track width must
not exceed 75" it will be measured from the bulge outside to outside of the front tires at the spindle height. Must use an all steel shock (aluminum rod
end on shaft end ok, aluminum coil over kit ok). Left side weight not to exceed 58%, minimum weight is 3,050 pounds prior to race and qualifying.
Must use 8" steel wheel and the Hoosier 8.0-15/970 treaded tire.
All races will pay a guaranteed $1,000 to win. The March race will pay $5,000 to win, and the last race in October will pay $10,000 to
win! All other races pay $1,000 to win.
Bonus Bucks - All drivers that compete in four of the eight races in the series are eligible for the Bonus Bucks on the final race of the 2016 series.
The highest finishing eligible driver on championship night will receive $1,000 in LoanMart Bonus Cash, plus their payout for the race. So if that driver
wins the race they will receive $11,000, $1,000 in bonus bucks and $10,000 for the race win. The second highest finisher on championship night that
raced in at least four of the eight races will receive a $500 bonus in addition to their regular payout, and the third and fourth highest finishers will
receive $250 each in LoanMart Bonus Cash.
The Hoosier blind draw happens in victory lane after each race, the first car number drawn will receive a $200 bonus, and the second car
number drawn will receive a $100 bonus. If that is not enough LoanMart has put up another $100 for each race in the series for the fastest qualifier.
LoanMart has a history of getting loans to their customers fast, and in that same tradition all the prize money and bonus bucks will be paid out to the
competitors the night of the event. The LoanMart Late Model Series is designed to be fan and racer friendly with one race per month during the season.
The dates are coming soon...
Race Procedures; note, we use the Madera Speedway track rules except where noted differant on this page.
1. The main event line-up will be set by a card draw , all in the top ten will draw for their starting spot.
2. The original start will be double file, restarts will be double file with the leader of the race having the choice of the top or bottom line to restart in.
The leader will have a small lead (about a fender) and will start the race in the restart area. The green flag will be thrown, or the yellow light will come
on. If the front row cannot get the race started in two attempts we will switch the front two rows and try it again.
3. LAP DOWN CARS/Restarts; all lap down cars will be moved to the rear on all restarts. There will be a lucky dog on every yellow flag giving one driver
no more than one lap down, a lap back and putting them to the rear of the lead lap cars.
4. Teams can work on their cars at the halfway break, they may change anything they want except tires, each car must remain on the tires the car
qualified on. A team may work on the car before the green flag of the second 50 without penalty, or loss of position.
5. Championship points are awarded for the main event with 50 points going to the race winner, 48 for second, 46 for third and so on... There is 5
bonus points for the winner of the first 50 lap segment of each race (if the first half is cut short the bonus points will be awarded to the leader at that
point). There will be 5 bonus points for each break winner in the 125 lap events with two breaks. There is also points for qualifying, 4, 3, 2, 1, for the top
6. Races #2 through #7 are 100 laps, split 50's with a long break in between the two 50 lap events. Late Model Open Series:
Safety will be firmly enforced, make sure your equipment is up to speed. Charged Fire System Mandatory. Head and Neck Restraint System mandatory.
Belts, window net, and Helmets must be SA 2005 or newer. All Drivers must wear SFI rated suit, gloves, and shoes. SFI undergarments are
All cars must run a transponder mounted 12" behind the rear axle.
Below is the regular purse for the 2016 season, the $10,000 & $5,000 to win purse is different and can be found on the $10,000 to win page.
12 or more
18 or more
25 or more