2018 MST Rules
Web Site: www.racemadera.com
Tech Division Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Simplicity is the key:
Drivers must be a minimum of 14 years of age. Drivers must have a STM License (in good standing) to compete.
The eligibility of the Driver to compete will be determined by Officials, also known as "Track Officials". The Technical Advisory Committee will make the final decision of interpretation and the intended spirit of these rules.
General Disclaimer Statement
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events.
By participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES, AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a Participant, Spectator or Track Official.
Track Officials shall be empowered to permit minor deviation from any of the specifications herein, or to impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT THEREFROM. Any interpretation of, or deviation from,
these rules is left to the discretion of the Track Officials. The decisions of the Technical Advisory Committee are final.
Any deviation from these rules granted by any Track Official must be in writing and delivered/distributed to all owners/drivers in division. Notice will include what deviation, date of deviation and reason for deviation.
Driver/Owner of car that protests any competitor must remain at track for the duration of the protest/tear down or protest will automatically be waived. Any protest monies will then be forfeited to the owner of the protested car if not found illegal.
Limited to Toyota Corolla production rear wheel drive, stock 2-TC Corolla 1588 cc engine with stock components, made prior to September, 1979 (OEM stock replacement parts allowed) unless specifically stated otherwise in this rule book. NO TRD Parts. A minimum weight of 1,775 lbs. with driver and no more than 58.0% of left side weight including driver. All weights and measurements will be done with car race-ready with driver in seat ready to race. Updating or backdating of drivetrain and suspension parts from competing models is okay. The driver is responsible for informing a Track Official upon request of year and model of parts that are used from donor cars. Parts must interchange without modification unless otherwise noted.
Radios allowed and Transponders required
AMB Transponders are to be vertically mounted 12" in front of the leading edge of the right rear axle housing and securely attached to the frame with a clear, unobstructed path to the pavement. Rented transponders must be mounted in the same manner and location. For further clarification, please refer to the AMB manual.
In these rules, "stock" means a stock component that is unaltered or unmodified, unless otherwise specified. BODIES: ALL BODY SHAPES SHALL FOLLOW ATTACHED BODY GUIDELINES AND IS SUBJECT TO OUR DISCRETION.
1. Must have a steel firewall in front of driver and a 20 gauge minimum steel fire wall between driver compartment and fuel cell.
2. Driver compartment must be completely sealed with metal.
3. Holes in firewall and floorboards must be covered with steel.
4. Five (5) inch wide numbers, seventeen (17) inches tall (minimum) on door panels on both sides.
5. Twenty-four (24) inch tall numbers on the roof facing the grand stand.
6. Three (3) inch tall numbers on nose.
7. All numbers must contrast with car colors and must be easy to read from a distance.
8. No air brush shading. Numbers must be non-reflecting. No silver or gold numbers.
9. Transparent windshield is allowed and must be made from 1/8" or thicker Lexan or equivalent.
10. Minimum size 9" x 22" may only cover driver's side.
11. Grand American style bars may be used instead of a windshield. Either or both must be used. Subject to Our discretion.
12. Air cleaner may be exposed above hood line. No air scoops, ducts or pressure boxes allowed. Hood must cover engine completely.
13. Sides of engine compartment may be enclosed (removable for inspections).
14. Sheet metal for body panels must be a minimum of 20-gauge.
15. Cars must have a complete body similar to Grand American Modified and with a fiberglass roof. This includes front A pillars and rear window panels.
16. Minimum size must be 38 inches front to back and 43 inches side to side.
17. Roof drop shall not exceed 2 1/2" inches as measured from the leading edge to the trailing edge of the roof.
This measurement is made at the centerline of the roof using a level with the driver in the car.
18. The rear of the car must be completely enclosed between bumper and quarter panels with a solid panel. Cannot be hinged or swing in any manner while car is in competition. Minimum height of six inches.
19. No belly pans.
20. One (1) inside rear view mirror allowed.
1. Rear spoilers are allowed.
2. Spoilers will be 1 (one) piece single plane (flat) style with a maximum width of 48" and maximum of 5" high. The full width must be attached and centered on the rear deck. A tolerance of 1" will be allowed. The center will be determined by measuring from the outside of the quarter panels.
3. The spoiler may not extend beyond the sides of the quarter panels or beyond the trailing edge of the rear nerf bar.
4. The spoiler may only be supported from the backside. The ends may not be boxed towards the front.
5. It is recommended that the rear spoiler be made of 1/8 " inch or thicker flat clear polycarbonate.
6. All spoilers must adhere to our discretion.
7. No rudders allowed.
1. All cars must use a stock 2-TC Corolla 1588cc engine and stock components (OEM stock replacement parts allowed unless specifically stated in this rule book).
2. Any compression ratio is allowed.
3. Cylinders may be bored to a maximum of 3mm oversize.
4. All smog equipment shall be removed and passages and holes shall be plugged.
5. Intake manifold must be stock. No grinding, porting or alterations.
6. May coat exterior only of intake manifold.
7. Existing EGR, vacuum, and water ports may be blocked.
8. No additional spacing of intake manifold to head will be allowed.
9. No milling or machining other than to straighten.
10. Exhaust manifold must be stock cast iron (no alterations).
11. May coat exterior only of exhaust manifold.
12. Exhaust pipes must exit a minimum of twelve inches away from Driver.
13. The exhaust system must not hang below the frame.
14. May coat exhaust system.
15. Maximum noise level: 86 dba at 100 feet. This is a must and will be enforced!
16. Water pump must be v-belt driven by crankshaft during practice, qualifying, heat races and main event.
17. Stock 2-TC Corolla oil pans only with no modifications. Must not hang below the frame.
18. Engine balancing is allowed.
19. Any pistons are allowed.
20. Any camshaft is allowed.
21. No roller tappets allowed.
22. No porting or polishing of cylinder head or intake or exhaust manifolds.
23. Must use stock Toyota Corolla valves or OEM style valves.
24. Any valve spring is allowed.
25. Only one spring, single damper per valve is allowed.
26. Steel retainer must be used. This will be checked by the use of a magnet. NO ALUMINUM OR TITANIUM.
27. Okay to trim extra grove off crank pulley.
28. Engine mounts may be bolt-through style (rubber mounts or solid).
29. No motor plates allowed.
30. Blueprinting engine to stock 2-TC Corolla specifications is okay.
31. Any type of piston rings and bearings are allowed.
32. Lifters, rocker arm assemblies and push rods must be stock 2-TC Toyota Corolla.
33. Engine location: 68 ½", plus or minus one inch, from rear axle center line to bell housing mounting surface on
the rear of the engine block.
34. Crankshaft must be centered, plus or minus one inch, between front frame extension horns.
35. No excessive tilting of engine allowed (approved tilt is between 0 - 10 degrees from vertical).
36. No knife-edging or lightening of the crankshaft.
37. Must run stock crank and stock connecting rods. May use aftermarket rods but they must weigh the same or more as stock. 540 Grams
38. No grinding, lightening or polishing of rotating mass (lightening allowed only to balance).
Note: We will allow other brand engines, and other sizes of engines for the 2015 season, but this combination will run with a breakout rule, meaning a time will be set based on the fastest speed of the regular MST's and the open engine combination may not run faster than that time.
1. Any type of radiator may be used. Must be located in front of the engine.
2. Overflow tank is mandatory (1 quart minimum). Must be mounted and vented forward of front firewall.
3. Any fans may be used. Electric fans are allowed. All fans subject to our discretion.
4. Thermostat housings may be modified for vapor relief and gauge installation.
5. No oil coolers.
1. A single stock carburetor only from stated 2-TC Corolla Motor.
2. Choke assembly and linkage may be removed.
3. No grinding or polishing or interchanging of parts to improve air flow will be allowed.
4. Jets may be changed and throttle linkage modified to full mechanical.
5. Stock single phenolic or aluminum spacer must be used.
6. Two (2) throttle return springs are mandatory.
7. Air filter required. May be any air filter.
8. No ducting or pressure boxes.
9. Stock mechanical fuel pumps only.
10. Pressure regulators may be added.
11. Fittings may be changed.
12. A Weber 32/36 DG with no spacer may be used instead of a factory carburetor. Above stated rules still apply.
1. Stock distributor only.
2. Distributor advance curve may be altered.
3. After market non-adjustable, non-programmable ignition box will be allowed.
4. Any type spark plugs or wires are allowed.
1. Only one 12-volt battery permitted.
2. Battery must be securely strapped in place and the positive electrical terminals must be insulated.
3. Battery must be installed behind driver and outside driver compartment. Subject to Tech approval.
4. A battery "kill switch" shall be mounted inside driver window on the dash with "off" position clearly labeled and painted bright yellow.
5. All wiring and battery cables passing through sheet metal must have rubber or plastic grommets.
6. Self-starter must be in working order and car must start under its own power or go to the rear of field on original green of each race.
1. All round tubing shall be 1.5 inch .095 wall. There are some exceptions allowed for lesser braces which may be 1.5 inch .065 wall or 1.25 inch .095 wall. These exceptions are noted in the accompanying drawings. Square tubing is allowed for lower frame and front and rear frame extensions and upper shock mounts (1010 mild steel).
2. All round tubing is to be DOM (drawn over mandrel) or ERW. It must be low carbon steel 1010 to 1020 rating. The carbon content must not exceed 20%.
3. Chrome-moly (high carbon steel) is not allowed.
4. All attaching brackets and mounts are mild steel or 1018 steel.
1. All attachments to the chassis must be done by clamping or welding mounting points directly to the frame.
2. The frame tubing may not be drilled for pop-rivets or bolts. The only exception will be the mounting stubs for the bumpers and side crash bars.
3. No bends done on a muffler machine will be allowed. All bends subject to Track Official approval.
CHASSIS / ROLL CAGE:
1. All cars shall be inspected for safety.
2. Cage must be padded in the driver's area and at all points of contact with driver.
3. Padding must be Longacre style or other racing approved roll bar padding.
4. No plumbing insulation allowed.
5. Chassis may be built by anyone according to the attached guidelines and drawings.
6. All chassis subject to Track Official approval.
7. It is recommended that chassis be approved by Track Official prior to final assembly.
8. All existing and new chassis must meet Our approval.
9. All joints and connections must have gusset plates for reinforcement in driver compartment area.
10. The Track Official may weight factor some chassis to equalize competition.
1. Wheel base: 95" Minimum, 97" maximum. Left to right difference may not exceed one (1) inch.
2. Track width shall not exceed 67 inches (outside to outside dimension of tires) front and rear.
3. Stock Toyota components pre-September 1979 only. Lower control arms can be extended to 13 inches (center line of bushing to ball joint). No tolerance. Workmanship is at the discretion of the Track Officials.
4. No rear coil spring cars.
5. Cutting and/or heating of stock springs is allowed. Two rubber spacers are allowed in front springs to increase spring rate.
6. After-market coil springs are allowed on front (coil over springs okay).
7. No bending of front struts.
8. Strut tube may be cut to accept aftermarket cartridge.
9. May cut out or cut off stock spring bucket on strut. May weld tube at base for safety.
10. Coil over spring adjusting sleeves may be installed on the outside of the strut tubes.
11. Upper strut mounts may be modified for camber adjustment. Subject to safety inspection.
12. Stock upper strut "hats" may be modified to fit mounts or for camber adjustment.
13. May use aftermarket camber plates instead of stock "hats."
14. May omit stock or aftermarket "hats" and fabricate.
15. ANY steel style replacement shocks and strut cartridge may be used.
16. No air shocks. No adjustable shocks. No external reservoir shocks are allowed.
17. May use any shock mount.
18. Lower shock mount must be inside leaf spring(s) AND in front of rear end.
19. No reworking or modifying the lower control arms allowed except to cut steering stops off so that lefts can be rights and rights can be lefts.
20. Only stock bushings are allowed in the front suspension (control arms, sway bar).
21. No bolting the sway bars solid to the control arms.
22. Sway bar mounts must be in front of engine.
23. Rear leaf spring front mounting brackets shall be mounted to the rear lower frame cross bar. Distance between brackets: 38.5 inches center to center, plus or minus one inch. The brackets shall be equally spaced outside the
rear frame extensions: 4.25 inches, plus or minus 2.5 inches, center of bracket to outside edge of rear frame extension.
24. May use any 2.5-inch wide steel leaf spring(s).
25. May use any bushings in rear leaf spring(s).
26. Lowering blocks may be installed between the rear axle and the leaf springs.
27. The stock rubber mounting pads may be removed.
28. Adjustable "weight-jackers" may be installed on the rear spring shackles to adjust the suspension.
29. May use any bolts for rear shackles.
30. May use any bushings for shackles.
31. Panhard bars are allowed.
32. No bending of any front suspension components except for sway bar.
33. Minimum chassis ground clearance shall be 3-1/2 inches with the driver in the car ready to race.
34. One solid upper third link allowed. No spring loaded or rubber biscuits allowed. Must be mounted on the top of the center section of the rear end. The forward mounting hole must not extend past the plane of the lower mount of the leaf springs.
1. A removable steering wheel is required and must be fitted with a center protection pad.
2. No steering quickeners.
3. Idler arm mounting bracket holes may be drilled out.
4. Idler arm mount may be welded.
5. Idler arm may not be modified.
6. Tension rods may have stock studs removed.
7. May use urethane bushings with tension rods.
8. May use rod ends instead of bushings for tension rods.
9. No bending or welding of tension rods.
10. No bending OR ALTERING of steering components allowed unless allowed elsewhere in these rules.
1. Stock Toyota Corolla only. After-market pads and shoes are allowed.
2. After-market master cylinder is allowed.
3. Brake drums and rotors may not be turned below factory specifications.
4. Drums and rotors must be stock and unaltered.
5. Rotor hats may have longer lug studs.
6. May use a one piece wheel spacer up to one (1) inch thick maximum.
7. Studs must thread completely through lug nuts.
8. Emergency brake system not allowed. Cables must be removed.
9. Any pedal assemblies may be used.
10. Brake balancing devices may be incorporated. Front to Rear only.
11. May remove dust shield from front caliper brackets.
12. May rethread calipers for brake line fittings.
13. Calipers may be mounted in any position using stock mounting brackets with no modifications.
14. May use any rear wheel cylinder that bolts on without modification.
15. Okay to remove backing plate dust ring.
16. No external adjustable brake balancing devices.
17. All four brakes must work at all times.
TRANSMISSION & DRIVE SHAFT:
1. Stock Toyota Corolla 4-speed T-40 and 5-speed T-50 only. No modifications are allowed. No automatic transmissions allowed.
2. May use any shifter.
3. May remove grease sling bell.
4. May modify clutch fork or center bolt to correct alignment.
5. No TRD or aftermarket gear sets.
6. May use any rear transmission mount.
7. Driveline must be two (2) inches in diameter minimum. Must be steel only, no aluminum or composite. May shorten stock or build new.
8. Drive lines must be painted white and marked with car number.
9. Drive line hoop is mandatory. No more than 6 inches to the rear of the front u-joint. Recommend be made from ¼" x 2" steel bar stock (minimum) or equal. Subject to Track Official approval.
10. Transmission must be unaltered with all gears intact and working.
CLUTCH & FLYWHEEL:
1. Stock 2-TC Corolla only. May be balanced.
2. No aluminum flywheels. No flexplates.
3. No machining or surfacing on the engine side of flywheel.
4. A 1-1/2" hole must be cut in the sheet metal flywheel cover. Hole must be positioned so Track Official can clearly see front side of flywheel.
5. A second 1-1/2" hole must be cut in the bottom of the bell-housing and must be positioned so Track Official can clearly see back edge of flywheel, clutch cover and clutch disc.
REAR END/REAR AXLE:
1. Stock Toyota only (4:10 rear gear ratio only), 8 or 10-bolt rear end only. NOTE, you may use an OEM replacement ring and pinion gear set, but it must be the same or greater weight than the stock gear set.
2. No locked rear ends or welded spider gears allowed.
3. No limited slip differentials.
4. No friction clutches or friction washers on spider gears.
5. No torque sensing drives.
6. May replace studs with longer studs.
7. May use any bearings.
8. May use any seals.
9. May use any backing plate bolts.
10. May use any "U" bolts.
11. May use any vent tube.
12. May add panhard bar mount.
13. No third links.
14. May use a one-piece wheel spacer up to one (1) inch thick maximum.
15. Studs must thread completely through lug nuts.
1. Approved racing fuel cell is mandatory (maximum 8 gallons). Foam filled is mandatory.
2. Fuel cell must be mounted between frame rails behind rear axle.
3. Fuel cell must be inside a 20 gauge minimum steel container with lid.
4. Container/cell assembly must be double strapped with steel straps (1 inch by 1/8 inch minimum). Straps must be securely fastened to the container so that container cannot move on impact.
5. Chassis must have a safety loop for fuel cell.
6. Fuel cell cannot hang below safety loop.
7. Fuel cell must have 'approved' racing rollover safety valve with vent tube.
8. It is required that the safety valve/vent tube be installed at top of fuel cell and the vent tube be routed to the underside of the car next to fuel cell.
9. No PVC valves or open vent lines allowed.
10. No alcohol fuel or oxygen bearing additives allowed, such as Ethanol.
11. Random fuel testing will be performed at the discretion of the Track Officials.
12. Fuel line must not run through driver's compartment and must be securely fastened at a minimum of six (6) inches from the exhaust system.
13. Must have minimum 20-gauge steel fire wall separating driver from fuel cell.
14. Fuel cap must be tethered to fuel cell by cable or small chain.
FUEL RULE & FUEL TESTING:
1. All engines will run (Brand of Fuel?TBA).
2. All Fuel must be purchased at Madera Speedway or approved Vendor. (TBA)
3. No mixing of fuels or brands of fuels or blending.
4. No nitrous oxide.
5. Fuels may be randomly tested at any time by Track Officials.
TIRES & WHEELS:
ALL RACING WHEELS MUST MEET RIM AND TIRE MANUFACTURER ASSOCIATION SPECIFICATIONS.
NO EXTREME SAFETY BEADS ALLOWED - NO EXCEPTIONS.
1. Tires may only be purchased at Madera Speedway or approved Vendor (TBA).
2. Spec tire is Hoosier 23.0/7.0-13 7" tread.
3. Steel wheels only.
4. Wheel size: 13" x 7", 4 on 4-1/2" with any offset 2" to 5".
5. No wheel weights on outside of wheels allowed.
6. Lug nuts must be non-capping type threaded all the way through.
7. No air bleeders allowed.
1. Assigned numbers at least 20" high and minimum 4" wide must be neatly painted on both sides of car on doors, and minimum 30" numbers on roof reading from passenger side. All numbers must be high/major contrast with car colors, be non-reflecting and easy to read from a distance (for your benefit). No airbrush shading allowed. Prefer white with contrasting border. No silver or gold, metallic, chrome or glitter. Final decision by scoring personnel.
2. Number must also be on one of the headlight covers, minimum of 4" in height.
3. Engine cubic inch size must be on hood.
4. Four-inch number required on front and rear headlight and taillight covers (driver's side.)
1. Madera Speedway reserves the right to issue all car numbers in order to prevent duplication and maintain proper records. When a duplicate car number is requested, the car running number in the previous year will receive the number. Number requests must be made no later than February 1, 2009. Madera Speedway will try to carry over car numbers from year to year -- however, if the number is not reserved by February 1, 2009, the number will be released.
2. Madera Speedway reserves the right to temporarily change race car numbers to avoid duplication and ease scoring by adding an "x" or other letters to duplicate car numbers.
3. When a number other than that officially assigned is used, Madera Speedway will not score the vehicle and any points/purse monies will be reduced to zero.
4. No car number may be changed on Speedway premises -- except by order of the Chief Steward to avoid duplication.
5. All cars must carry their assigned numbers before entering the Speedway premises.
The driver is responsible for having the proper tools required for any Technical Inspection (official or because of protest). This includes hand tools, floor jack, jack stands and drain pan. Failure to complete any required tear down in a reasonable length of time may mean disqualification. WARNING: Do not rely on borrowing tools. Bring your own. Time is limited.
1. A factory manual will be used to obtain specifications and tolerances needed for technical measurements.
2. All measurements will be done with car as raced with driver in car.
3. Car cannot be touched by anyone except Track Official once it has been through technical inspection and you are in the staging (hot chute) area.
1. The written acknowledgment of official interpretation or clarification of rules is the driver's responsibility.
2. It is the competitor's responsibility to prove at race event with factory documentation that all parts on the car are stock for that vehicle.
3. All decisions of Track Officials are final.
4. Any modifications not covered in these rules will not be allowed unless approved by the Technical Advisory Committee in writing.
5. Equipment will not be considered legal simply because it went through inspection unobserved or because a rule has not been written against it.
6. Cars are subject to inspection at any time.
7. Madera Speedway reserves the right to confiscate and hold any parts and/or equipment not conforming to the rules.
8. Madera Speedway reserves the right to judge, decide and establish what constitutes a legal part or car.
9. Technical Advisory Committee decisions will be final in all matters.
10. If you are in doubt or have any questions regarding whether or not something you want to do is allowed or legal, it is your responsibility (driver/owner) to check with Madera Speedway before making the change or modification to your car. The written acknowledgement of Official interpretation or clarification of rules is the driver's
SEATS & SEAT BELTS:
1. Approved racing seat only (aluminum or steel only -no fiberglass) - must be padded. Seats must have approved metal frame bolted or welded to roll cage in such a fashion as to move with cage in the event of a crash.
2. Padded headrest mandatory.
3. A five-point S.F.I. approved harness with 3-inch lap and shoulder belts and a 2-inch sub belt is mandatory. Belts must be in excellent condition and subject to tech approval. Belts to be attached with 3/8" grade bolts, or 5/16" grade 8 bolts and secured with a 1/8" safety cable.
" A quick release lap belt no less than three (3) inches wide is compulsory. Both ends of the lap belt must be fastened to the roll bar cage with high quality bolts not less than 3/8 inch in diameter. " Shoulder harness must be no less than three (3) inches wide and must come from behind the driver's seat. Where the harness crosses the roll cage, it must pass through a steel guide welded to the roll cage that will prevent the harness from sliding side to side. Shoulder harness inertia reels cannot be used. " A center (crotch) belt must be securely mounted to the lower seat frame at the bottom and to the lap seat belt on top.
" Where the belts pass through the seat edges, it must have a grommet installed, be rolled, and/or padded to prevent cutting of the belt. " All seat belts and shoulder harness must connect at the lap belt with an approved quick release buckle. " Seat belts must be dated by the manufacturer and must not be used beyond three (3) years after the manufacture
date. Untagged, undated belts will be considered out-of-date.
4. Chains or cable may be required on seat belt installations.
SAFETY & FIRE CONTROL:
1. A fully charged five-pound on-board fire system with a minimum of two nozzles (one for driver, one for fuel cell) is recommended! Minimum requirement: 5 lb fire extinguisher mounted within driver/safety crew's reach - subject to Track Official approval. Gauge must be easy to read. Fire system tubing must be in a grommet where it passes through the fire wall.
2. Nomex-type or equivalent fire resistant uniforms mandatory. Nomex gloves, socks and racing shoes are mandatory - per regulations. Nomex fire resistant underwear is required with single layer suit. Recommended: Multi-layer fire resistant racing suit with Nomex underwear.) Uniforms must be kept clean and in good repair. Soiled, torn, worn, or poorly fitting uniforms will not be allowed.
3. Full face helmets are required. No motorcycle Helmets allowed.
" Approved racing helmet with 2000 or newer Snell SA (SA2000) Certification sticker is mandatory. "M" type not allowed. SA 2005 or newer recommended.
" No D.O.T. or A.S.I. Z90 helmets approved or allowed without an accompanying certified Snell sticker.
" Any helmet with the inside identification labels defaced, obliterated or removed will not be approved.
" Helmets showing wear or abuse, such as chipping or cracking, will not be approved.
" Helmet chin strap must be Nomex covered.
" A full-face helmet with Lexan face shield is recommended.
" Nomex helmet skirt is recommended.
" A head and neck restraint device/system is recommended.
4. Window net required on driver's door window. Net must be permanently mounted at bottom of window with a minimum 5/16" steel rod and secured at the top in 1 of 3 manners:
" Racing seat belt (flip latch) latch at forward end of upper rod.
" OEM push button seat belt mount at forward end of the upper rod.
" Spring loaded rod that pulls to the rear of the car to release.
" Mounting with nylon ties wraps is prohibited. (Cable ties)
5. Toe straps required on all throttle pedals.
6. Mandatory: A fully charged five-pound fire extinguisher is required in each pit at each racing event. Recommended: All entrants should have in their garage or pit area as part of their equipment, at all times, a fully charged 10 or 13 pound dry chemical, Halon, or its equivalent, fire extinguisher.
7. Center top of steering post must be padded with at least 2 inches of resilient material.
8. It is the responsibility of the driver, not Madera Speedway Track Officials or the Promoter
to ensure that his or her safety devices and/or systems are approved, correctly installed, maintained and/or properly used.
9. "Head and neck restraining devices are mandatory( neck collars/donuts are acceptable)
Email questions to: email@example.com